May Grand Rounds: A Comparison of Standard (ART) versus Restorative Reproductive Medicine (RRM)
1) To understand the basics of the standard ART/ REI approach, success rates and limitations of this approach
2) To understand the basics of treatments offered by the NaProTechnology version of restorative reproductive treatment options and limitations
3) To be able to contrast various treatments approaches to give a better-informed consent process to the risks and benefits and be able to give a wide scope of alternative treatment options
4) To better understand the risks of ART and pregnancy
5) To better understand the impact on a societal level of ART
Grand rounds is held monthly for health care professionals as part of RRM's Educational Webinar Series. Presentations aim to improve the clinician's foundational knowledge as well as highlight and encourage research and new methods in the area of Restorative Reproductive Medicine. These sessions should enhance the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of healthcare delivery, and in turn, lead to improved patient outcomes.
Approved for 1.00 Online Only, Live AAFP Prescribed Credit*
Webinars are free for all IIRRM members.
Not a member? Join or renew your membership here.
Dr. Naomi Whittaker is an OBGYN fertility surgeon focused on women's Restorative Reproductive Medicine (RRM), compassionate healthcare, and education. Dr. Whittaker is a board-certified OBGYN and a fellowship-trained surgeon who specializes in the Creighton Model FertilityCare System and NaProTechnology, which works cooperatively with a woman's body to treat the underlying cause of gynecologic issues and infertility, such as endometriosis and PCOS. She helps women improve their gynecologic health, and avoid/achieve pregnancy in accordance with their natural fertility using the latest research, medicine, and surgery. Dr. Whittaker earned her medical degree at Creighton University School of Medicine and completed her residency in OB/GYN at OSF Hospital in Peoria, IL, followed by a Fellowship in Medical and Surgical NaProTECHNOLOGY at the Pope Paul VI Institute in Omaha, Nebraska. Dr. Whittakeris currently practicing at Penn State Holy Spirit Hospital in Harrisburg, PA.