November Journal Club
Statement of Purpose: IIRRM Journal Club sessions provide a critical appraisal of published research relevant to the field of Restorative Reproductive Medicine. Sessions are designed to increase providers’ competence to critically evaluate research by increasing their knowledge of the scientific method, research design, and common biases.
IIRRM Journal Club Learning Outcomes:
- Locate, appraise, and assimilate evidence in scientific studies related to Restorative Reproductive Medicine
- Evaluate the hypothesis, the study design, the method and the results in a systematic fashion.
- Apply knowledge learned in journal clubs, of study designs and statistical methods, to the appraisal of clinical studies and other information on diagnostic and therapeutic effectiveness
- Determine the clinical applicability of a particular study to RRM practice
- Apply this knowledge to improve knowledge, competency, performance, and patient outcomes in RRM
- Identify gaps in the field of RRM and opportunities for future research
The journal club article will be posted on this page after selection by the presenter. Those registered will also receive the article for download by email.
Download a note-taking sheet with question prompts to consider when evaluating medical research here.
Presented by: A Member of the IIRRM or IIRRM Board of Trustees.