These guidelines apply to all community areas of the forum, including case discussions, messaging or communications in groups, images, videos and links to external sites.
- You are responsible for all activity on your account. Please don’t violate copyright laws; selling or trading or posting illegally copied materials is a federal offense. Do not download for distribution in any manner any file posted by another user of a forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner. You may reach out to the member to see if permission for distribution for this material can be attained but ultimately the member is responsible.
- Be kind to others. Do not deface, abuse, harass, stalk, or otherwise violate legal rights (such as privacy and publicity) of others. This is a friendly place.
- Do not upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation or another’s computer. This may lead to immediate removal from the forum area.
- Stay on topic. Our membership encourages open discussion and debate as long as it relates to the topic of the thread. Posts that do not relate to the original purpose or topic of the thread may be moved to a more appropriate location.
- No attacking of other members personally or groups of individuals. We encourage respectful debate, but remember to discuss the topic in question rather than attack someone personally. We promote an open and inviting atmosphere for all members. Discriminatory comments and content are not allowed and will be removed.
- No trolling (deliberately posting to incite a negative reaction from other members). If you find a member that is clearly trolling, do not engage! Please report their post to the moderator team
- No spamming. IIRRM is a community intended for research/medical training and non-commercial use. You may not use our website to advertise or market your products or website without prior permission. (You can post information relevant to your practice or work on your profile page, for example, but do not start a forum post that’s simply intended to promote you, your practice or your website.) If you want to advertise with us please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graphic content or profanity is not allowed, including using asterisks or other placeholders to avoid spelling out the word in question.
- Images, videos, and medical images rules: No pornographic, sexually explicit, harassing, or degrading images are permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, strategically covered nudity, sheer or see-through clothing, lewd or provocative poses, and close-ups inappropriate body parts. However, medical appropriate images and videos may be permitted when and if approval has been obtained. Approval will only be granted if the material contains no Protected Health Information (“PHI”), and has no images of the patient’s full face. We reserve the right to delete any content or member account that doesn’t adhere to the spirit of friendliness and fun that we’d like to uphold on our website.
- Please avoid sharing personal information such as addresses, telephone, fax numbers and email addresses. This will be flagged and taken down by our moderator. This can be shared in private messages ONLY
- No names or direct information that could identify a patient is allowed at anytime on our forums. This will be flagged and removed by our moderator. If it happens on multiple occasions we may remove your user account on the forums
- The information, products, and services included on this Website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Updates in research and developing procedures may lead to changes in practice. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. This site may make improvements and/or changes in this Web site at any time. Advice received via this Web site should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions without the background or consultation with an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to you or your practise.
- The contents of this Website, including all text, graphics, images, hyperlinks and material from user contributions are for general educational purposes only and are not intended to be used for providing specific medical diagnosis or treatment alone or making personal health-related decisions. This forum is not a complete substitute or replacement for medical advice and education without the background or case information specific to the patients or person (s) being evaluated. Processes may be spoken in general terms.
- This site reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny any user access to this Web site, any interactive service herein, or any portion of this Web site without notice, and the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Web site is offered.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our guidelines, or if you have suggestions, please contact us.